Arden Medical Centre was approved as a Training Practice (TP) in April 2016 and hosts
Foundation (Year 2) Doctors.
The UK Foundation Programme is an integrated two year programme for all medical graduates. It aims to help new doctors:
- Focus on the development of generic skills of professional medical practice.
- Consolidate and develop their clinical skills under leadership and supervision from more senior doctors and other professional within the NHS.
- Develop their ability to recognise and manage acute illness.
- Get a meaningful experience in general practice with exposure to primary health care.
An FY2 Doctor will be at Arden Medical Centre on a four month placement (usually starting August, December & April). Please note they:
- Are Doctors with full GMC registration in their second year of postgraduate medical education and training
- Have completed a pre-registration F1 year and are undertaking their F2 programme rotating through three specialities
For further information please read RCGP 'So, you want to be a GP'